- Make sure that you have plenty of time for vaccinations, travel documents and other important matters.
- It is necessary to contact the embassy of the country of destination to receive the correct instructions. There are some countries that impose strict quarantine procedures.
- A label with the animal’s name and instructions on how to feed it must be applied to one side of the carrier.
- It is necessary to accustom the animal to the carrier starting at least 5 days before the flight.
- It is not recommended to give the animal food or water within 2 hours prior to the departure.
Global Moving supplies carriers in accordance with IATA regulation. For the Carrier do not forget that:
- Dogs/cats must be able to stand with their head up (without touching the roof), turn around and lie down comfortably. The carrier must be made of rigid plastic with a metal recessed door. (Wooden carriers or carriers with plastic doors are not accepted.)
- The carrier must have two empty bowls or a bowl divided into two compartments for food and water.
- The carrier must be equipped with a blanket, newspapers or other absorbent material on the bottom. Straw is prohibited.
- The carrier must show at least one “Live Animal” sticker and two “Arrow up” stickers on the outside.
- The door of the carrier must be tightly closed, but without padlocks. The door hinges and the locking pins must extend at least 1.6 cm (0.62 in) beyond the horizontal extrusions at the bottom and top of the opening.
- The wheels must be removed or sealed.
Age and number
- The dog or cat must have a minimum age of 10 weeks.
- Each pet must travel in its own carrier. However, if 2 dogs or cats of the same size weigh a maximum of 9 kg (20 lbs) each, they can travel in 1 carrier. Dog or cat puppies younger than 4 months can travel in their mother’s carrier.
- Pet’s travel documents must be in English. We strongly recommend that you include copies of these documents in the carrier. It is necessary, in case that the domestic animal is boarded on the same flight of the owner, that he carries with him the originals of these documents for check-in.
- The carrier must have a card indicating the passenger’s name, address and telephone number.
- It is necessary to affix a label with the name of the animal on the side of the carrier.
- The animal must not present conditions of physical suffering, injuries, or be under the effect of tranquilizers.
- The animal must not wear a leash or a muzzle.